We’re seeking an Events Coordinator to lead the successful Mad City Vegan Fest, now in its seventh year, to continue to carry the message of veganism into the media spotlight and public consciousness. Past Mad City Vegan Fests have drawn as many as 3,500 visitors and have highlighted the benefits of a vegan lifestyle for the animals, the environment, and human health. We’re interested in a creative team player who has excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as experience overseeing large events from conception to completion, including budgeting.
The Coordinator will join the Executive Director of Alliance for Animals and the Environment and an enthusiastic team of volunteer organizers who have already begun working on next year’s event.
The event is June 17, 2017. Expected start date early December of 2016. Work will continue through approximately June 24th, 2017.
Part Time: Will range from five-ten hours a week to twenty-five hours a week closer to the date of the event.
This position offers a stipend that is negotiable based on experience and agreed upon duties.
We will be accepting applications through November 18th, 2016.
To apply please send your resume and a cover letter which details your event planning experience to email@example.com.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with Alliance for Animals and the Environment staff and Board to represent the Alliance and the Fest in an appropriate and professional manner
- Manage Fest budget and be accountable to Alliance staff and Board for expenditures
- Work with a team of volunteers
- Maintain website
- Communicate with speakers, vendors, exhibitors and the venue
- Coordinate advertising with committee (posters, social media, etc.)
- Draft letters and other documents as needed in order to support the Fest
- Analyze the success of the Fest and adjust strategy and approach accordingly
- Seek out opportunities to promote the Fest and represent the Alliance to television outlets, radio stations, newspapers, and magazines
- Conduct research and analysis on Fest goals
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Previous event coordination management experience
- Adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Thorough knowledge of animal rights issues
- Proven excellent research and analytical skills
- Experience using web tools, social media, and word processing software
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively
- Proven ability to communicate with a variety of people in a professional and personable manner
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to take initiative and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, work with minimal direct oversight, and meet deadlines
- Support for the Alliance for Animal’s philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate the Alliance’s positions on issues
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Experience in project management software preferred
- In or willing to relocate to the Madison Metro Area (Wisconsin)