Awesome Mystery Animal Facts:
1. This little guy stores fat in his tail, and the sign of a healthy one is a big tail.
2. Jaws can open wide enough to create enough force to bite through thick metal wire (or bone and skin, in natural environments)
3. Eat 15% of their body weight in a day, but can eat up to 40% in 30 minutes
4. Originally believed to be a kind of opossum, but the closest phylogenetic relation is to this guy:
5. Linus Torvalds temporarily replaced “Tux,” the typical mascot (pictured below), with a form of this animal, in support of a campaign to save their species.
There are your clues! Who is the mystery animal of the week? Post your answer in the comments below!